- Referat Diakonie und Ökumene
- Ökumene und Gesellschaft
- Aktuelles aus Ökumene - Gesellschaft - Migration
- Partnerkirchen, Mission, Kirchenbünde (D/E)
- Brot für die Welt und andere Aktionen
- Ökumenisches Lernen
- Bekenntnis von Belhar, Confession of Belhar
- Umwelt und Nachhaltigkeit
- Flucht und Migration (D/E)
- Gemeinde / Church international (D/E/Farsi)
- Freiwilligendienste - international
- Weitere Themen und Beauftragungen
Ecumenical Relations and Social Responsibility
Ecumenism (ancient Greek: 'oikoumene') actually means "inhabited world". This primarily describes the worldwide perspective of the Church of Jesus Christ, but also its commitment "for the world", i.e. social responsibility. In a narrower sense, ecumenism also means cooperation between denominations, and in a broader sense also dialogue between religions.
The field of Ecumenism in the Department for Diaconia and Ecumenism is primarily concerned with the worldwide and society related perspective of the Church. In addition to contacts with other denominations locally, the Lippe Regional Church maintains partnerships with Churches on three continents, with three internationally active mission agencies and with church federations/communions in Germany, Europe and worldwide. We work actively with relief organisations such as Brot für die Welt, Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe and the Gustav Adolf Werk.
In the field social responsibility, our department is also committed to peace, justice and the integrity of creation. One of our focal points here is the work for climate neutrality in our Church and beyond, but also the topics of flight and migration, fair trade, democracy and tolerance, as well as interreligious dialogue in Lippe.
You will find information about this on these pages.